Sunday, January 15, 2006

Shuffle Up and Deal

Is there more to life than poker? Yes besides your two hole cards, there's the flop, the turn and the river. However sometimes you need to eat or fine something else like a Dodger game to keep you out of the poker room.

First off a little about me:
Name: Craig aka Mock Turtle
Background: JA/AA/APA
What I do to make money: Work, mostly legal, did spend time catering and managing a restaurant.
Best meal I ever had: In a small restaurant in Rome, all the server asked us was white or red wine and whether we wanted seafood or meat. We dined on platters of antipasti, pasta and seafood with bottles of wine and the setting and company could not have been better.
Best "Get Smart" episode: The one where the third spy network is formed and Robert Culp makes a cameo as a waiter.
Poker pros I have met: Annie Duke, Howard Lederer, Phil Gordon, Marcel Luske, Amir Vahedi, Clonie Gowen, Robert Williamson, Kristy Gazes, Huck Seed and Freddie Deeb.
Favorite LA Sports moment: Two standout, for the Lakers, 2002 Conference Finals against the Sacramento Kings, "Bobby" Horry's 3 pointer at the buzzer to win the game that set off cheering all across the city. For the Dodgers, Kirk's homer in Game 1 of 1988 World Series because 100 years from now it will be the number one Los Angeles sports moment.
Food item most known for: Lemon bars, there are people I worked with over 20 years ago who still ask about them. BTW learned a trick when catering which I still use today.
Will I ever buy American: Cars I have owned, Tercel, Corolla and Civic.
Food travel destinations I need to go to: U.S. - Chicago; Europe - London, Paris; Asia - Japan, China.
Best Earth, Wind & Fire album: Faces, 1980 double sided LP remains for me the highpoint of their career. While the late seventies saw their dabbling into disco and movies. (I never liked Boogie Wonderland but their version of Got to Get Into My Life from Sgt. Pepper soundtrack remains true to the Lennon/McCartney spirit with their stamp on it.) Back to Faces, so many songs but Turn it into Something Good is a creedo of sorts to me.
Movie that inspired me to read the book: After seeing the first part of the LOR trilogy (Lord of the Rings), I went back and dusted off my old copies of the books and read them to get filled in on what was missing.
Things I need to learn to make this blog more interesting: How to post pictures, links, write more concisely.

That's it for now and to steal a line from a movie I just saw, good night and good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home